Helpful Hints and Tips
Commonly Asked Questions about SureClick Autoinjector
What will happen if I press the purple start button before I am ready to do the injection on my skin?
Even when you press the purple start button, the injection will only happen when the green safety guard is also pushed into the autoinjector.
Can I move the autoinjector around on my skin while I am choosing an injection site?
It is okay to move the autoinjector around on the injection site as long as you do not press the purple start button. However, if you press the purple start button and the green safety guard is pushed into the autoinjector, the injection will begin.
Can I release the purple start button after I start my injection?
You can release the purple start button, but continue to hold the autoinjector firmly against your skin during the injection.
Will the purple start button pop up after I release my thumb?
The purple start button may not pop up after you release your thumb if you held your thumb down during the injection. This is okay.
What do I do if I didn't hear a second click?
If you didn't hear a second click, you can confirm a complete injection by checking that the window has turned yellow.
Whom do I contact if I need help with the autoinjector or my injection?
If you have any questions about the autoinjector or about your injection, ask your doctor, nurse or pharmacist, or call 1.877.9ENBREL (1.877.936.2735), weekdays 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST, for help
Safety and Disposal Tips
- Keep the SureClick Autoinjector out of the reach of children.
- NEVER reuse an autoinjector.
- Discard the used autoinjector and white cap in a sharps disposal container. Sharps disposal containers may be purchased at your local pharmacy or may be requested through a toll-free information service: 1.877.9ENBREL (1.877.936.2735), weekdays 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST. Do NOT throw the disposal container in household trash. Do NOT recycle.
- Keep the container out of the reach of children. When the container is about two-thirds full, dispose of it as instructed by your/your child’s doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Follow any special provincial or local laws regarding the proper disposal of needles and syringes, including autoinjectors.
- Used alcohol swabs should be placed in the trash.
- The ENBREL SureClick Autoinjector should be refrigerated at 2°C to 8°C. Do NOT FREEZE ENBREL. Refrigerated ENBREL remains stable until the expiration date printed on the autoinjector.
- When needed, for example if you are travelling, ENBREL may be transferred to room temperature storage (up to 27°C). Upon removal from the refrigerator, ENBREL must be used within 60 days. Regardless of whether it is put back into the refrigerator for storage at a later point in time, you will need to use ENBREL within 60 days of initial removal. Protect from direct sunlight, sources of heat, humidity and extreme cold until ready to use.
- If you do transfer ENBREL to room temperature storage, we suggest that you take note of the date at which ENBREL was taken out of refrigeration and the date by when it should be used.
- A cooler bag is supplied to you as part of your Enliven free resource kit. We suggest that you continue to use it when storing ENBREL at room temperature; this will help protect ENBREL from extreme temperatures, direct sunlight and sources of heat, humidity and cold to the point of freezing.
- If you need a travel cooler bag to transport ENBREL, call Enliven at a 1.877.9ENBREL (1.877.936.2735), weekdays 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST, and they will send it to you free of charge.
- Be sure to use a storage method that will allow ENBREL to be maintained between 2°C and 8°C.
- Some hotels may have a small refrigerator available on request for your convenience. Check with the hotel before your arrival.
- If refrigeration is unavailable, ENBREL can be stored at room temperature (up to 27°C), ideally in an ENBREL cooler bag, for a maximum of 60 days.
Travelling by Air
- If you are travelling by air, you should be able to keep ENBREL with you at all times provided you have a letter from your doctor.
- For added protection and easy identification, keep SureClick Autoinjectors in their original packaging in the cooler bag.
- Regulations may differ between airlines, and even between airports, so please call the airline ahead of time. For more information, call Enliven at 1.877.9ENBREL (1.877.936.2735), weekdays 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST.